While it’s thrilling to premiere a new look and story, it’s important not to get lost in the excitement of it all. A successful brand launch means focusing on your audience and your goals just as much as it means settling on the perfect logo colors.
Whether the idea is still a seed or you’re deep in the creative process, here are five tips to help you prepare for—and follow through with—what’s next.
- Know your rebranding story. Develop a message that creates an “aha” moment for audiences. What value does this new name/brand hold?
- Prepare internal stakeholders. Staff and key business partners must know that a change is coming before you launch your new brand to the outside world. Anticipate upcoming FAQs—and have the answers ready.
- Update your assets. Be careful not to leave traces of your old logo. Make a list of all the materials that will need to be updated and put together a plan for making these changes. For starters, here are a few of the most common areas to consider:
- Business cards, letterheads, envelopes
- Marketing brochures and flyers
- Social media pages
- Prepare for your announcement. It can take months for a new brand to take root, so anticipate the need to overcommunicate. Consider summarizing your rebrand story in a news post on your website and social media, as well as preparing a more formal written announcement to be released in conjunction with your launch event.
- Create a launch event. Ready to release your new brand into the world? Events are a great opportunity to announce and celebrate the change while creating a buzz.
All sound a little overwhelming? PLDG can guide you through it and get you ready for liftoff—just contact us at 612.623.4200 or email@example.com.