2012 — Year of the Water Dragon
Welcome Mighty Dragon!
The Dragon brings some much-needed good luck to a world that has faced difficult times over the last several years. As the major symbol of good fortune in Chinese Astrology, the Dragon brings the Four Blessings of the East: wealth, virtue, harmony and longevity.
The Dragon is the most special of all the Chinese zodiac signs since it is a mystical creature rather than an earthly animal. Dragon years are traditionally unpredictable, dramatic and full of surprises. It is a reminder that everyone has dreams and this would be the time to act on them.
The Chinese calendar uses the Stem-Branch system to count months, days and years. Stems are named after the 10 Yin-Yang elements and Branches use animal names. 2012 is a water year. This is very important because it is the first year since 1996 that the year element has not had a destructive relationship with the fixed element of the animal sign. That is the longest such period in the 60-year cycle of Chinese Astrology.
Yang water is more flowing river than still pond. Therefore, this is the year things will move, ideas overflow, creativity explodes, economies boom and love blossoms.
It is going to be an exciting year. Best wishes and good fortune!
Source: “ProAstro.com: Chinese Horoscopes-New Year Animal Forecast for Zodiac Animal.” http://www.proastro.com/?o=forecast&act=show. 6 Jan. 2012.
Dragon Tattoo Instructions
For those who received our Lunar New Year greeting in the mail, here are instructions on how to apply your dragon tattoo:
- Trim extra white backing around tattoo.
- Choose a spot on your body to position the tattoo. Clean desired area with cotton and alcohol.
- Peel off the glossy adhesive film that is on top of the image.
- Place the tattoo onto your skin. Make sure to apply ample amount of pressure to ensure placement of the image.
- Next, wet a towel and dab the tattoo well for about 10 seconds. Make sure that the entire surface of the paper is covered with water in order for the image to transfer properly.
- Once the paper has been properly moistened, the backing paper will slip off easily. Remove the backing paper and reveal your beautiful, vibrant tattoo.
How do I remove the temporary tattoo?
You can easily remove the temporary tattoo with a little bit of warm water and soap. An alternative is to apply a small amount of baby oil onto the image and let it sit, and simply rub the tattoo off.